The Fashion Group International Minnesota Chapter
The Fashion Group International is a global, non-profit, professional organization with 5000 members in the fashion industry including apparel, accessories, beauty and home. The FGI mission is to be the pre-eminent authority on the business of fashion and design and to help its members become more effective in their careers. To do this, FGI provides insights on major trends in person, online and in print; access to business professionals and a gateway to the influence fashion plays in the marketplace.
THE GOALS OF THE ORGANIZATION ARE TO:
• Advance professionalism in fashion and its related lifestyle industries.
• Provide a public forum for examination of important, contemporary issues in the business of fashion.
• Present timely information regarding national and global trends that have an effect on the fashion industries.
• Attain greater recognition of men’s and women’s achievements in business.
• Encourage men and women to seek career opportunities in fashion and related industries.
• Provide activities and programs which enhance networking skills and encourage interpersonal contacts so as to further the professional, social and personal development of members.