Paid Summer Ministry Positions with YouthWorks
Looking to get out of your comfort zone this summer and participate in what God is doing in communities across the US? Join our paid Summer Staff!
YouthWorks is looking for young adults like you who are looking for personal, professional and spiritual growth to adventure into a new community and experience growth beyond your imagination. You’ll work on a team that will fulfill the mission of YouthWorks through creating meaningful Christ-centered mission trips for youth.
Summer staff are required to reside in assigned community for the duration of the summer.
- Ministry Support Coordinator: Promote an environment where youth connect their service to faith as you interact with them throughout the week. Support your team by providing leadership for daily work projects, children’s programming or service sites. Coordinate and lead cultural and relational activities for youth. Plan and facilitate a daily evening program that includes worship, sharing, processing and interaction with provided theme materials.
- Community Service Coordinator: Manage partnerships with social service organizations. Confirm and implement weekly service schedules provided by YouthWorks. Coordinate logistics, including assigning volunteers to service sites and executing back-up plans when needed. Travel to service sites to serve alongside youth, Adult Leaders and community contacts. Help teenagers see the impact of their service as they are taken out of their comfort zones and see Jesus in new ways.
- Kids Club Coordinator: Facilitate a daily Kids Club for children ages 5-10 and coordinate morning service opportunities in the community. Provide leadership for participants as they create crafts, plan games, practice songs and implement the Kids Club curriculum provided by YouthWorks. Come to know and love community kids and their families as you work with them for an entire summer. See perspectives change as youth have the chance to show the love of Christ.
- Utility Support Coordinator: Utility Support Coordinators are equipped to take on multiple positions and to offer support and encouragement to staff teams. While serving in a variety of areas, they will coordinate daily service activities and see students impacted as they experience Christ through service. Staff must be flexible and willing to adapt to changing roles and locations. Utility Support Coordinators may begin the summer temporarily assigned to a specific community, however, at any point during the spring or summer, Utility Support Coordinators may be permanently placed with a team to fill an open position.
- Work Projects Coordinator: Build meaningful relationships in a community while meeting tangible needs. Help youth engage in the community by leading work crews in painting, yard work and minor projects. YouthWorks will provide extensive training in partnering with community members, setting up and completing projects and managing crews throughout the day. Invite participants to come alongside the community to make a lasting impact.
We have a small number of sites where we do more advanced projects such as flooring and drywall. Please note on your application if you have experience in more elaborate home repair projects.
- Lead morning devotions
- Participate in evening programming and worship
- Facilitate a team of students in meal preparation
- Engage throughout the day with churches, including youth and Adult Leaders
- Engage in respectful service and regularly communicate with community partners
- Site preparations including inventory, shopping and confirming service schedules
- At least one year out of high school
- Demonstrate good judgment and problem-solving skills
- Able to handle responsibility
- Leadership experience
- Value youth
- Passionate about serving
- See our website for more detailed information about qualifications.
- $2,750 + food/housing/company vehicles for work purposes
- $150 bonus for qualified guitar, piano, ukulele players who help facilitate worship on site
Dates of Employment
- The dates for full-summer employment for Site Directors are May 21th -August 4th, 2021
- Staff must reside in assigned community for the duration of the summer
Information about YouthWorks
YouthWorks is a Christian, nonprofit organization that provides Christ-centered mission trips for more than 17,000 teenagers and adult leaders in over 40 communities across the U.S. and Puerto Rico. We hire college and post-college-age staff to facilitate mission trips on each one of our sites. Our staff teams cultivate relationships, develop their relational and organizational skills, and deepen their faith. All our ministry positions are paid. For more information, see our website: https://www.youthworks.com/summer-staff/.