Is it time to see how all those college courses translate to the real world? Are you ready to work alongside experienced professionals on real projects and issues? An internship at Xcel Energy will give you practical experience in the energy industry at a company that’s committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship.
Long-term Co-Op or summer internship position in Becker, MN (just outside the Minneapolis/St.Paul area). The role requires being onsite.
The Co-Op requires working full-time from May 2021 – December 2021. Applicants must be able relocate for several months to work in at the Sherco coal plant, or already live within a commutable distance from the work site.
The summer internship is full-time (40 hours/week) with the possibility to extend into the fall part-time (20 hours/week) during the school year. Must be a local candidate, living within a commutable distance to Becker, MN (just outside the Minneapolis/St.Paul area)
Work with engineering staff to support the Auxiliary Boiler Replacement project. Will perform entry level engineering analysis doing tasks supporting both project management and construction. Focus on installation and commissioning of the new system, while supporting requests from operations and maintenance. Through practical field experience and mentoring, successful candidate will gain significant professional confidence and people skills.
- Must be enrolled in an ABET accredited electrical Engineering program
- Must be a Junior undergraduate student (or above) as of Spring 2021
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to communicate effectively; both written and verbally
- Must be self- motivated, have good mechanical aptitude, and ability to work well with others
- Internship: Currently reside in the Becker, MN area for the internship
- Co-Op: Able to relocate, or reside locally, in the Becker, MN area
- Course work in power generation or project management and an interest in the power industry desirable
- Unofficial transcript submitted with application
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN – Becker || MN – Becker || United States (US) || Generation || 31111:ES MN WI ETS || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $17.70 – $28.40 per hour
Click here to see our benefits