Wayside Recovery Center is currently seeking Spring 2021 Clinical Interns (LADC and Co-Occurring Interns only). We are looking for interns to work at our Family Treatment Center in Minneapolis and at our Outpatient program in St. Paul. Interns would need to be willing to work on-site starting around 1/11/2021, and we are able to accept interns looking to complete either their 440 or 880 hour requirements.
When applying, please include in your cover letter your field of study (LADC or Co-Occurring) and if you have a preference for which site you would like to work at. If you are open to either location, please include this in your cover letter.
Wayside Recovery Center takes stringent measures when it comes to COVID-19 and the health, safety, and well-being of our interns, employees, and clients.
You can read more about Wayside’s clinical internship opportunities here: https://waysiderecovery.org/internships
Must be free of chemical use problems for at least two years immediately preceding their hiring and must sign a statement attesting to that fact.
- Must be actively enrolled in an educational program geared towards addiction and mental health counseling, and have successfully completed the necessary coursework per the student’s university in compliance with the MN Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy and/or The MN Board of Marriage and Family Therapy to be eligible to begin and participate in an internship for LADC or LADC/LPCC licensure in Minnesota.
- Preference will be given to candidate with experience with mental health and trauma-informed care.
- Must be able to pass DHS background study.
- Demonstrated ability to relate effectively to women of diverse economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Organizational and excellent computer skills essential; Microsoft Outlook/Office experience required.
- Need current Minnesota driver’s license with good driving record.
- Strong attention to detail; critical thinking capabilities and humor are welcome.
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to be responsive in an effective manner, while maintaining a warm and supportive atmosphere.
- Must be 18 years or older