As a Clinical Dual License Intern, you will have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of women, children, and their families throughout Minnesota. Your passion to provide client focused care and willingness to be a team player makes all the difference in fulfilling our mission and philosophy of care by breaking the cycle of addiction and trauma.
If this sounds like you, keep reading because you might be the person we are looking for!
By joining the Wayside team, you will become part of an ethical, compassionate, innovative team that works together to empower women, children, and families in our community. Wayside values diversity and inclusion and we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you required accommodations during the interview process.
Staff of Wayside must have or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by start date to be considered. Proof of vaccination required. Staff may request an accommodation for not receiving the vaccination.
Why you should work with Wayside:
Wayside Family Treatment Center maintains the family unit by welcoming women who are pregnant and mothers with children into treatment to prevent separation. We receive services for addiction, parenting, understanding how their alcohol or substance use contributes to Adverse Childhood Experiences, and improving their relationship skills to ultimately break the generational transmission of risk.
What you will do:
- Gain experience in counseling and case management
- Completing intakes and assessments
- Assisting and learning about crisis intervention
- Completing treatment plans and ensuring documentation is completed timely and accurately in EHR software
- Co-facilitate/facilitate process groups
- Carry a small caseload of clients
- Attend meetings accordingly
- Weekly supervision provided by a mental health professional and LADC supervisor.
Length of Internship & Compensation: Fall 2023- 880 hours total (LADC). Unpaid Internship for first 440 hours. Interns can apply for other 440 hours (second half) to be paid at $16.50 per hour.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, Hours based on availability. Ability to be on-site at our Family Treatment Center in Minneapolis.
Sound like a good fit? A few requirements include:
- Seeking dually licensed degrees in LADC and master’s degree as a LPC/LPCC or LMFT. We can accept students who are seeking LADC and a degree in social work, but the social work supervision will need to be provided externally.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in accordance with state and federal guidelines and HIPAA requirements.
- Ability to pass a MN DHS background study.
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and is a self-starter.
P.S. Share this with friends, family, or colleagues who may be interested in this incredible opportunity!