Are you looking for an opportunity to build your entrepreneurial sales and operations skills selling and performing a unique, in-demand service, all while working outside by the lake during the summer? Then join our team at Waterfront Restoration!
Waterfront Restoration is growing, and we are expanding our operations to a new branch in the Detroit Lakes area. We are looking for an extremely personal, outgoing, and motivated individual to develop new business and create relationships with clients in and around the area.
To succeed, you must have the ability to build relationships and to promote service’s value over its price. Since this branch operation will be smaller as we start, you will also need to be a self-starter and multitasker- willing to pitch in on a variety of duties such as doing physical labor, SCUBA diving as needed, performing quality checks, and assisting the operations and administration team.
Unlike other sales internships, you get to spend time outside by the lake soaking up the sun all while earning a great income and developing your entrepreneurial skills portfolio. Not only that, but you will be putting a smile on families’ faces because you will be selling a service that will allow them to enjoy a weed-free lakefront.
This is a position for the months of May – August in the Detroit lakes area, approximately 40 hours per week. You will be the face of the company and meet with the leads at their lakeshore property to provide a quote and inform them of our services. You will also work from your home to provide quotes via phone and email to prospects who are not able to meet with you onsite. You will then follow up with any unclosed sales daily until the sale is closed. From there, you will provide our operations team with customer information and instructions to complete services.
At Waterfront Restoration, we prepare our interns for the job market by giving them practical, real-world experience and training that is valued across the board in ALL industries.
Past interns and account managers that have worked at Waterfront Restoration have progressed to career paths in many positions and companies, some of which include:
- The Hershey Company – District Sales Supervisor
- Cargill – Business Intelligence Specialist
- General Mills – Business and sales Management Associate
- Target Corporation – Business Analyst
- EY – FSO Asset Management Assurance specialist
Key things you will learn:
- The steps of the sales cycle (including tips and tricks on how to master each one).
- How to thrive in a service company while connecting with some of the most affluent and advanced individuals in the United States.
- How to operationally run a small business.
- How to SCUBA dive (you are responsible for obtaining your open water diver certification through an accredited diving school prior to June 1st)
- How to create expert presentations for each homeowner.
- Lead-generation techniques
To be a good fit for the position you will need:
- Located in the Detroit Lakes area or willing to relocate
- Minimum 1 year of outside sales experience or selling directly to consumer
- A winning attitude and a proven trend of personal growth and sales performance
- A valid driver’s license with dependable car
- Basic computer competence in Excel, Microsoft OneNote, and email
- Self-motivation, a strong work ethic, and the ability to achieve goals
- Longevity at previous jobs and a desire for a long-term career with our company
- A strong sense of integrity
- Willingness to engage in physical labor (when needed)
- Knowledge of the Detroit Lakes and Alexandria area
Base salary + clearly articulated commissions and bonuses
We recognize talent and pay well for talented people…who CARE about our customers.
Keywords: Sales Internship, Operations Internship, Account Manager, Sales and Operations, Internship, Summer Internship, Communications, Detroit Lakes, Perhum, Pelican Rapids, Fargo, Invasive Species, Landscaping, Water, Environment, Summer, Seasonal,, Fulltime, Part time, Team, In-person, Remote