We are looking for a resourceful individual who is extremely personable, enjoys making memorable connections, and has intense attention to detail. You will be one of the first points of contact for new prospects and will help manage communication between customers and our company.
You will be working directly with our Director of Sales and Director of Marketing to learn how to use key sales tools, manage customer relationships, create new marketing tactics and strategies, design direct mail postcards, etc. You will have a well-rounded experience that provides you with transferable skills in both the sales and marketing fields.
We prepare our interns for the job market by giving them practical, real-world experience, and training that is valued across the board in ALL industries.
Past interns and account managers that have worked at Waterfront Restoration have progressed to career paths in many positions and companies, some of which are outlined below:
- The Hershey Company – District Sales Supervisor
- Cargill – Business Intelligence Specialist
- General Mills – Business and sales Management Associate
- Target Corporation – Business Analyst
- EY – FSO Asset Management Assurance specialist
Job Responsibilities of the Sales and Marketing Intern (% breakdown):
60% = Customer relationship management and networking
- Assist the sales and marketing team in maintaining customer retention and satisfaction through handling phone calls, emailing, and account management. Ask for referrals and testimonials. Limited amount of cold calling.
20% = Marketing projects and marketing analysis
- Support the implementation of projects and tasks on our marketing plan. Participate in the development of SEO improvements on our website, copywriting, creating blog articles and social media posts, direct mail designs, etc.
10% = Indoor sales
- Communicating with clients over Zoom or phone call to get an understanding of the scope of work. Then, typing up a proposal for them based on your conversations and presenting the bid to them over Zoom or through email.
10% = Outdoor sales
- Meet outside by the lake with prospects directly at their lake home who have inquired about our service. Build rapport, create proposals, and present a proposal to the prospect.
Part time work (15-10 hours per week) of training remotely begins in March/April.
Full-time work (40-50 hours per week) starts in May and ends at the end of August each year. We can work with you to schedule your start and end dates around your schools’ schedule. An opportunity to work part time during the off-season months may be available.
Check out our video! https://vimeo.com/185641429
Pay: $16.00- $17.00 per hour
** TO APPLY, please go to http://www.waterfrontrestoration.com/employment
*** ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED THROUGH OUR COMPANY’S WEBSITE IN ORDER TO BE HELD IN CONSIDERATION FOR THIS INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
Keywords: Sales Internship, Marketing Internship, Account Manager, Sales and Marketing, Internship, Summer Internship, Communications, Lake Minnetonka, Invasive Species, Landscaping, Excelsior, Long Lake, Wayzata, Minnetonka, Shorewood, Greenwood, Prior Lake, Mound, Spring Park, Tonka Bay, Deephaven, West Metro, Lakes, Aquatic, Water, Environment, Summer, Seasonal, Landscape, Fulltime, Part time, Team, In-person, Remote