You will be working directly with our Director of Sales and Director of Marketing to learn how to use key sales tools, manage customer relationships, create new marketing tactics and strategies, design direct mail postcards, etc. You will have a well-rounded experience that provides you with transferable skills in both the sales and marketing field.
We prepare our interns for the job market by giving them practical, real-world experience, and training that is valued across the board in ALL industries.
Past interns and account managers that have worked at Waterfront Restoration have progressed to career paths in many positions and companies, some of which are outlined below:
· The Hershey Company – District Sales Supervisor
· Cargill – Business Intelligence Specialist
· General Mills – Business and sales Management Associate
· Target Corporation – Business Analyst
· EY – FSO Asset Management Assurance specialist
Job Responsibilities of the Sales and Marketing Intern (% breakdown):
40% = Customer relationship management and networking
- Assistance the sales and marketing team in maintaining customer retention and satisfaction through calling, emailing, and asking for referrals. Ask for referrals and testimonials. Limited amount of cold calling.
25% = Marketing projects and marketing analysis
- Support the implementation of project and tasks on the marketing plan. Participate in the development of SEO improvements, blog articles, social networking posts, direct mail designs, etc.
20% = Indoor sales
- Communicating with clients over the phone, Zoom, and through email about their project. Then, typing up a proposal for them based on your conversations.
15% = Outdoor sales
- Meet outside by the lake with prospects directly at their lake home who have inquired about our service. Build rapport, create proposals, and present a proposal to the prospect.
Part time work (15-10 hours per week) of training remotely begins in March/April.
Full-time work (40-50 hours per week) starts in May and ends at the end of August each year. We can work with you to schedule your start and end dates around your schools’ schedule. An opportunity to work part time during the off-season months may be available.
Check out our video! https://vimeo.com/185641429
Pay: $16.00 per hour
** TO APPLY, please go to http://www.waterfrontrestoration.com/employment
*** ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED THROUGH OUR COMPANY’S WEBSITE IN ORDER TO BE HELD IN CONSIDERATION FOR THIS INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
Keywords: Sales Internship, Marketing Internship, Account Manager, Sales and Marketing, Internship, Summer Internship, Communications, Lake Minnetonka, Invasive Species, Landscaping, Excelsior, Long Lake, Wayzata, Minnetonka, Shorewood, Greenwood, Prior Lake, Mound, Spring Park, Tonka Bay, Deephaven, West Metro, Lakes, Aquatic, Water, Environment, Summer, Seasonal, Landscape, Fulltime, Part time, Team, In-person, Remote