Washington County is currently hiring a Register Nurse. The Correctional Health Nurse is part of a professional Nursing Team responsible for the delivery of on-site health care services and for the management of health care services provided by external partners for Inmates of the Washington County Jail.
Washington County Public Health & Environment values your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. We are committed to building and sustaining an equitable and inclusive work environment and believe diversity benefits and enriches our programs, our staff and communities we serve. Click here (Download PDF reader) to learn about the top 10 reasons to work as Registered Nurse in Washington county.
A typical shift for a Correctional Health Nurses includes the following:
- Provides health services in the on-site medical clinic and responds to sick call requests. Average census of 20 inmates per day (35%)
- Medication management (10%)
- Collaborates with external health care partners to provide inmate health services (20%)
- Provides Inmates with physical, mental and chemical health screenings/assessments, case management, medical records and health education services (25%)
- Provides emergency response, monitors and manages incidents of communicable diseases, meetings/education (10%)