We are presently seeking a licensed English/language Arts teacher for part time employment. The primary role of this teacher is to provide secondary students with engaging, relevant curriculum, a rich learning environment and a variety of supports to promote academic success. VOA High School is seeking a teacher who is able to work with a diverse audience, apply creative teaching techniques, manage a dynamic classroom, demonstrates flexibility and adaptability. This teacher will collaborate with others, continue to explore best teaching practice, develop effective instructional strategies, and adapt daily lessons to reach all learners. Working at VOA in the education field is a great way to establish much sought out experience in working with at-risk and vulnerable populations and embedding SEL strategies while making a significant impact on each participant’s life. New teachers in the field are welcome! We provide a supportive and intensive teacher training schedule. Check us out at VOAMNWI.ORG
A qualified candidate will:
Hold a valid MN teaching license and,
· Demonstrate content adaptation skills for a wide range of learners
· Have an interest in creating and delivering culturally relevant curriculum
· Conduct ongoing assessments and provide meaningful, timely feedback
· Have an interest or experience in working with students between the ages of 15 and 21
· Understand the impacts of trauma on school aged children and youth
· Possess effective classroom management skills
· Collaborate with regular education teachers to plan and support learning across all content areas
· Demonstrate adaptability
· Contribute to regular meaningful discussions regarding student support and achievement
· Possess computer skills
· Possess knowledge of MN ELA content standards
- Possess knowledge of Distance Learning methods and practices.
· Have an interest in experiential, service learning as well as engaging students in out of school educational opportunities
· Have experience with or an interest in project-based learning, use of digital curriculum, and blended learning methods.
· Demonstrate proficiency in managing deadlines, attending to detailed daily tasks and meeting teacher professional expectations
Volunteers of America-MN is dedicated to helping people in need. Our education program, located in Minneapolis, provides high school diplomas through unique rigorous academic programming and individualized counseling to students and young adults of the Minneapolis Public Schools. VOA High School is an innovative high school program serving at-risk high school students (grades 10-12). The program also provides increased access to social workers, mental health support, guidance counselors, bi-lingual staff, and offers multiple pathways to access learning, including an Independent Study Program which meets the needs of students with children, jobs, or other obstacles preventing daily school attendance. VOA HS works with multiple community partners to serve the needs of all students and provides EL and Special Ed services.