Internships at UnitedHealth Group. If you want an intern experience that will dramatically shape your career, consider a company that’s dramatically shaping our entire health care system. UnitedHealth Group internship opportunities will provide a hands-on view of a rapidly evolving, incredibly challenging marketplace of ideas, products and services. You have a lot to learn. We have a lot to do. It’s the perfect storm. And even better? Join us and you may end up staying for a career in which you can do your life’s best work.(sm)
UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products through two distinct platforms; United HealthCare (health benefits) and Optum (health services). At United HealthCare Medicare & Retirement, we serve the fastest growing segment of our nation’s population – 50 and older. And we’re doing it with an intense amount of dedication. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of our 9 million customers. You’ll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to strengthen our health care system.
We offer a growth-based culture with extraordinary opportunities and succeed by staying true to our mission to make health care work effectively and efficiently for seniors.
**This is a full-time internship position and will be available starting June 2021**
**UnitedHealth Group is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position**
After successful completion of the internship program, opportunity for continued employment may exist until December 2021. Our office is located at 12700 Whitewater Drive, Minnetonka, MN 55343.
- Gain company and industry knowledge
- Enhance communication and presentation skills
- Learn and understand different work styles
- Learn and live our corporate culture and values
- Access a very comprehensive repository of online self-development tools and resources
- Participate in a 10-week internship program that includes a comprehensive and structured training curriculum. This will include training on the Medicare business, systems, and sales processes necessary to serve Medicare eligible members and prospects looking for health care coverage.
- Drive sales/enrollments through effective handling of all telephone inquiries from prospects & members interested in UnitedHealthcare Medicare Solutions, with the intent of enrolling consumers in optimal plan(s)/product(s).
- Convert inbound calls to sales.
- Manage outbound calls and special campaign initiatives for assigned region.
- Conduct needs analysis across diverse consumer population.
- Sell across multiple product sets.
- Generate leads to optimal sales channels.
- Experience to include networking opportunities, basic technical skills training, speaker series, and additional enrichment activities throughout the summer program.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university during the duration of the internship. Internships are not intended for graduating seniors.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- Rising Senior status during the summer of 2021
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 7, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we’re doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we’re building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we’re looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant – and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Job Family Group:
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.