At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
What you’ll do
Our people are the undercurrent of everything we do, and it is the human resources organization that enables the business through talent. Throughout our 10-week paid internship, you’ll build on core HR principles and skills through accelerated formal training, mentorship, a community of peers and advisors, and a pathway to our full-time Human Resources Leadership Development Program upon graduation.
As a Human Resources Intern, you’ll:
- Get hands-on experience working on human resources projects that impact the business
- Learn the nuances of how talent principles are incorporated in business strategies
- Develop HR and business acumen through training, mentorship, and exposure to senior executives
- Build a supportive community of peers through a variety of cohort strengthening activities such as social events, volunteer days, and development workshops
Who we’re looking for
Are you inquisitive, analytical, and interested in influencing the direction and strategic growth of the fifth-largest bank in the U.S.? If you’re curious about business strategies and interested in how to account for those strategies in talent management, organizational culture, and HR operations, our Human Resources Internship might be right for you!
- Pursuing a master’s degree with a target graduation date of December 2023 or May 2024
- Previous work experience in Human Resources or related field
- Ability to start internship program on June 3, 2024 in Minneapolis, MN
- Experience and expertise in talent management or a related Human Resources function
- Effective written and verbal communication skills within a business context
- Experience building presentations and utilizing basic data visualization techniques
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to think and work independently with a professional demeanor
- Flexibility to work within a multi-discipline team and receive dynamic on-the-job training
- Highly organized; ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously