A minimum of 4 semesters in a technical university or equivalent training.
Skills: Must have good written and verbal communication skills. Must be organized, detail oriented, demonstrate a sense of urgency and be focused on productivity, accuracy, and timeliness. Must demonstrate willingness and ability to work in a team environment.
This on-the- job training program will provide a real work look into Supply Chain principles and applications. The Co-op will specifically gain an understanding of the concepts and methods used in the following aspects of Supply Chain: procurement, commodity management, and projects required to support manufacturing and distribution activities in a multi-site environment.
This position is subject to well defined policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Procurement: Perform order procurement activities related to materials, equipment, supplies and services, including creating, tracking, expediting, confirming, and updating orders as well as resolving shipping discrepancies.
· Act as primary contact to handle day to day dealings with assigned suppliers including communicating with internal customers to provide them with timely, accurate, and complete information related to purchase orders and procurement data.
· Update ERP purchasing data as appropriate based on supplier input and/or other Purchasing personnel requests to ensure system accuracy (Buyer code, lead time, pricing, vendor priority, etc.).
· Project Lead/Support: Initiate business process improvements, detailed process mapping, analyze and report on data sets, and participate in cross-functional supplier improvement plans.
· Commodity Management: Make sourcing and supplier consolidation decisions. Track cost savings and attend supplier visits. Perform report preparation, data entry, and system maintenance.
· Request quotes or quote updates for existing parts with current suppliers
· Develop supplier relationship and maintain supplier performance measurement
· Perform other duties as assigned