ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Truman Group provides remote psychotherapy and mental health consultation to expatriates living around the world. We work with individuals, children, couples and families who live overseas in areas with very few local English-speaking resources available for mental health. Although our administrative offices are located in Minnesota, our work is decidedly international in focus. We are a cross between a brick and mortar practice and a telehealth technology company, and we work consciously each day on ways to create a sense of connection among our group and pass that standard of care and responsiveness on to the clients we serve.
We opened our doors in 2010 and have grown from a small clinical staff based in the Twin Cities to a group of seasoned clinicians who live around the globe. We started the practice because we believed that expatriates are an underserved population and that we could find a way to provide them with the highest quality care possible. We are geek-ily excited about the work we do and the treatment we provide, and are motivated by working alongside sharp, interesting professionals who value being part of a collaborative group. We don’t have it all figured out, but we remind ourselves to enjoy the journey, with a sense of curiosity, adventure, humor and collective wisdom.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Truman Group is seeking a Practice Coordinator who will be responsible for two key functions of our organization: managing the practice’s billing and insurance process and assisting in the day-to-day operations across all parts of our group. This role would work closely with our Practice Manager to ensure timely, accurate and efficient billing and would also work closely with our senior leadership team and our clinicians to provide administrative and project support.
Our ideal candidate is a motivated, detail-oriented and problem-solving-loving individual who can contribute to the success of our practice and help us continue to implement operations that put the care and needs of our clients and clinicians at the center of our work. The tasks and responsibilities are varied, and the role requires ingenuity, flexibility, good “client hands” and smarts.
This position will be a full-time employee position with regular, daytime hours. The work can be done remotely during Covid, with the expectation that you are able to maintain strong communication with your colleagues, including regular check-ins, and complete tasks in a timely manner in accordance with our practice schedules. We have an office in St. Paul and, post-Covid, would expect the work to be done largely from there, although we have some flexibility in that.
We are looking for a self-motivated and focused individual who will help us be thoughtful and improve processes throughout our organization.
- Monitoring and ensuring the timely completion of payments from clients and insurance companies
- Submitting and reconciling insurance claims, including tracking and following up on missing or rejected claims
- Tracking and following up on new client inquiries
- Verifying client billing/insurance information
- Conducting chart reviews to ensure accuracy and completeness of clinician documentation
- Responding to questions and requests from clients
- Providing administrative and project support across the organization
- Thinking creatively about improvements to current systems and processes
- Experience working independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong task management skills and ability to stay focused
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstration of initiative and willingness to continuously improve processes
- Curiosity and creativity in the face of challenging tasks or problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High proficiency with technology, especially Excel
- Medical billing and administrative experience are pluses, but not required
- While health care is not included, this role is eligible to participate in a 401K
Please submit a resume and cover letter along with your application, or send directly to Lydia Karlson, Practice Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a resume and cover letter will not be considered.