Have you ever wanted to explore magazine writing and editing? Get started with an editorial internship at a vibrant publishing group. Here at Tiger Oak, we publish 9 lifestyle magazines based in the Twin Cities, including Lake Minnetonka Magazine and more.
As an editorial intern, you will:
· Work 12 to 15 hours per week.
· Fact-check several stories each month.
· Write several stories for print publication.
· Write monthly local and area calendar entries.
· Receive and incorporate feedback on your assignments and fact-checks.
· Attend occasional art or editorial meetings (as logistics line up).
As an editorial intern, you need:
· Basic journalism knowledge, including style, tone and format of articles, and best practices for interviewing and fact-checking.
· A good comfort level with making phone calls, speaking on the phone, and following up with sources for fact-checks and interviews.
· Familiarity with AP style.
· The ability to manage your time and tasks: working on multiple assignments at a time, prioritizing your tasks, and juggling different types of assignments at once.
· The ability to work independently and ask questions when you need help.
· A commitment to meeting all deadlines.
· The ability to write clear and engaging stories.
· Fall (August 24-December 31): Applications due August 1
· Spring (January 4-May 17): Applications due November 30
· Summer (May 10-August 23): Applications due April 1
To ask questions and to apply, email Hailey Almsted at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Tiger Oak Media
Tiger Oak Media is a regional and national publisher of intelligent, attractive and engaging books, magazines, media and events that appeal to targeted audiences of readers who seek quality editorial content and design.