Thomas Allen is Hiring for a Lead Direct Support Professional!
Paid training is provided!
LOCATION: Echo Park house in Burnsville, MN
HOURS AVAILABLE: Monday – Friday 2:30pm – 10pm + on call duties
JOB SUMMARY: As a Lead Direct Support Professional, you will have the primary responsibility of meeting the needs of the individuals supported in the home, including providing proactive, empowering, and inclusive support, guidance, and supervision. In Designated Coordinator’s (DC) absence, you will delegate work duties and workflow for the shift.
- Assist and encourage individuals to realize both long and short term hopes and dreams
- Assist with self-cares
- Menu planning and preparing meals, or assisting the individuals served with these tasks
- Coordinate and/or complete the preparation of new charts, loggings, and other forms needed
- Log all day-to-day occurrences and on a schedule determined by the DC, review general and other loggings, outcome charts, and other documentation to ensure accuracy and thorough completion
- As requested, schedule and accompany individuals to medical appointments
- Perform medication administration, monitor the need for prescription renewal, and work with medical equipment
- Help the individuals to maintain their home by assisting with laundry, budgeting, cleaning, and shopping
- Schedule transportation to community events
- Assist with training new staff
- Work alongside the individual’s guardians, families, case managers, and other team members
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs
- Must have 1 year of related experience working with individuals with disabilities
- Willingness to attend to personal cares and health needs, light housekeeping, and meal preparation
- Willing to commit to and implement person-centered supports
- Department of Human Services background clearance
- Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, acceptable driving record, and proof of auto insurance required
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both written and verbally
To view other open positions, click here.
Thomas Allen, Inc. is a social services agency that provides person-centered services to individuals with disabilities. Proudly, we offer a diverse array of services including residential group home support, case management, and guardianship.
Thomas Allen is known as a reputable and growing agency that delivers trusted and dependable services, which is made possible through the talent, skills, and commitment shared by a team of over 700 employees. As our agency continues to grow, we are looking for team members who are passionate about providing respectful and responsive services that empower those we support to live meaningful and purposeful lives.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.