Thomas Allen is Hiring for a Guardian/ Conservator!
LOCATION: Office in West St. Paul, MN
HOURS AVAILABLE: Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm with some flexibility based on your case load
JOB SUMMARY: As a Guardian/ Conservator, you will have the primary responsibility of acting as a legal representative for individuals served.
- Carry out duties and responsibilities granted by the court while respecting and protecting the rights and freedoms of the persons served
- Act as a mediator and advocate on behalf of the persons served
- Attend meetings and court hearings
- Seek out, renew, and maintain services and benefits/entitlements
- Case noting
- Conduct interviews with proposed individuals, maintain current knowledge of the needs of the persons served, and be available to them and care professionals
- Assure that provision is made for the person’s care
- Make informed decisions regarding the use of certain medications
- Upon appointment, take control of (possess) the person’s property, and ensure that the persons served are adequately protected against loss
- Conduct searches for all assets owned by the individual persons served, and arrange for transfer of title or possession to the conservator. This includes collecting all income and determining all debts and claims and pursuing collection
- Active involvement in several different aspects of dealing with real estate
- Work with the court system to manage assets
- A bachelor’s degree in a field related to human services, such as Social Work, Psychology, or Sociology
- Certified Guardians and Conservators are encouraged to apply
- 3 years of experience working in social services
- Exceptional ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Background clearance
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, written and verbal
- Driver’s license, acceptable driving record, proof of auto insurance, and ability to use own vehicle for work purposes
- Must be at least 18 years of age
To view other open positions, click here.
Thomas Allen, Inc. is a social services agency that provides person-centered services to individuals with disabilities. Proudly, we offer a diverse array of services including residential group home support, case management, and guardianship.
Thomas Allen is known as a reputable and growing agency that delivers trusted and dependable services, which is made possible through the talent, skills, and commitment shared by a team of over 700 employees. As our agency continues to grow, we are looking for team members who are passionate about providing respectful and responsive services that empower those we support to live meaningful and purposeful lives.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.