Thomas Allen is Hiring for a Direct Support Professional!
Paid training is provided!
LOCATION: Crystal, MN
- Sunday – Thursday 3pm – 10pm (full-time)
- Monday – Friday 6am – 9am
- Friday & Saturday 3pm – 11pm
- E/O Saturday & Sunday 9am – 3pm & 3pm -8pm
JOB SUMMARY: As a Direct Support Professional, you will have the primary responsibility of meeting the needs of the individuals supported in the home, including providing proactive, empowering, and inclusive support, guidance, and supervision.
- Assist and encourage individuals to realize both long and short term hopes and dreams
- Assist with self-cares
- Prepare meals or assist the individuals served with meal preparation
- Log all day-to-day occurrences
- Accompany individuals to medical appointments
- Medication administration and/or working with medical equipment
- Help individuals to maintain their home by assisting with laundry, budgeting, cleaning, and shopping
- Work alongside the individual’s guardians, families, case managers, and other team members
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs and perform 2-person Hoyer transfers
- 1 year of experience working with individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities preferred
- Willingness to attend to personal cares and health needs, light housekeeping, and meal preparation
- Willing to commit to and implement person-centered supports
- Department of Human Services background clearance
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and proof of auto insurance required
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both written and verbally
To view other open positions, click here.
Thomas Allen, Inc. is a social services agency that provides person-centered services to individuals with disabilities. Proudly, we offer a diverse array of services including residential group home support, case management, and guardianship.
Thomas Allen is known as a reputable and growing agency that delivers trusted and dependable services, which is made possible through the talent, skills, and commitment shared by a team of over 700 employees. As our agency continues to grow, we are looking for team members who are passionate about providing respectful and responsive services that empower those we support to live meaningful and purposeful lives.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.