The Reporters Inc. is always looking for talented, energetic, creative, inquisitive, and dedicated interns year-round! This is a truly hands-on training program where you’ll learn or improve the following skills:
- Video Production (planning, shooting, interviewing, logging, writing, and digital editing)
- Print Journalism (writing and editing long-form on-line articles and essays)
- Documentary Film Making (fundraising, research, planning, and production)
- Nonprofit administration and regulation
- Website editing
- Publicity and Marketing (social media campaigns, e-newsletters)
Interns at The Reporters Inc. essentially take on the role of “associate producers” on any given assignment. We need confident self-starters–extroverts who are versed in current events, are able to write well, are internet and computer savvy, and who can multi-task and deal with pressure effectively!
Important Note: Interns must commit to at least three full months, work a minimum of 16 hours a week, and be able to travel to The Reporters Inc.’s offices in Richfield (the suburb just south of Minneapolis). This is an unpaid internship.
Qualified intern applicants will then be contacted and interviewed in person. We also require prospective interns to pass a general knowledge/current events quiz, so come prepared! We look forward to meeting you!
Check out the testimonials from former Reporters Inc. interns at http://www.thereporters.org/intern/