The Basilica Landmark
Special Events Intern
(Dates based on performance)
Purpose of Position:
Assist Special Events Manager with initiatives and fundraising events including the Cities 97.1 Basilica Block Party and Landmark Spark, The Basilica Landmark’s annual gala. Support the mission, vision, and values of The Basilica of Saint Mary and The Basilica Landmark while performing various job functions.
Scope of Position:
Reports to Special Events Manager. Responsible for special events assistance and administrative functions.
The annual events on the development calendar at The Basilica of Saint Mary and The Basilica Landmark include The Basilica Landmark Ball, and the Cities 97.1 Basilica Block Party. The Basilica Landmark Ball includes an auction and dinner for 350 people followed by entertainment. The Cities 97.1 Basilica Block Party includes a two day concert in July for over 25,000 attendees with 3 stages, and 20 bands. Responsibilities include working with the Special Events Manager and numerous volunteers in the planning process of these events, data entry, and clerical support.
Specific responsibilities include:
1. Attend regular planning meetings including marketing, communications, committee, consultant and vendor meetings. Attend to the details of meetings, including preparation and assembly of meeting refreshments, reminders, materials, and follow-ups.
2. Provide clerical support including recording and sharing meeting minutes, mailings, phone calls, scheduling meetings, and submitting bills for payment.
3. Organize and manage a specialized database for events.
4. Work with volunteers to assist with projects including data entry and mailings.
5. Assist with the design, copy writing, and production of volunteer mailings and training materials.
6. Manage Cities 97.1 Basilica Block Party volunteer database through Volunteer Local software.
7. Assist with event permits.
8. Manage Landmark Spark auction database through Greater Giving software.
9. Assist with solicitation of in-kind donations for Landmark Spark.
10. Assist social media team by brainstorming and implementing creative and interactive content.
11. Must attend, set up and tear down Events
12. Special projects as assigned.
As a “Traditional Church with a modern message,” a high level of comfort with the mission of The Basilica and The Basilica Landmark is vital. Interns must have a demonstrated commitment to working in a collaborative environment.
• The ability to work remotely during COVID-19 until event staff returns to office.
• Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and an understanding of mail merge and database management. Ability to learn new software programs quickly.
• Ability to manage and prioritize workload and accept new challenges daily.
• Must maintain confidentiality.
• Able to problem solve effectively.
• Proven time management skills.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills and an ability to work with diverse groups of people, especially volunteers.
• Desire to work in a non-profit environment, in event-planning, or with volunteers.
Must be available for event dates.
Must be available to attend committee meetings 1-2 evenings a month
Must be available for overtime around dates of events, negotiable hours.
20 Hours, negotiable hours.
To apply, send cover letter, resume & references to: