Women’s Human Rights Internship
Please note: Applications must be submitted through our website at https://www.theadvocatesforhumanrights.org/internships_fellowships
We welcome all students and recent graduates, and especially encourage graduate and law school students, to gain a deeper understanding of gender-based violence issues domestically and internationally. Interns will have the opportunity to learn about both the Minnesota legal system and the UN treaty bodies.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Monitoring hearings relating to domestic violence and sexual assault in Hennepin, Ramsey, and Washington County courts.
- Data entry and analysis of court hearing data.
- Researching international human rights instruments and country laws on violence against women.
- Assisting staff with maintaining current information on www.stopvaw.org.
- Supporting staff in preparation for human rights monitoring missions.
- Providing research and support for numerous reports.
Experience and qualifications:
- Organized, detail-orientated, and able to meet deadlines
- Strong legal research skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Sensitivity to diverse cultures
- Fluency in English
- Strong English writing skills
- Proficiency in a second language is a plus
- Basic Microsoft Office 365 proficiency
- Knowledge of citations
We do not accept applications submitted via Handshake or other external portals.