Human Rights Research and Policy Graduate Internship
This internship is designed for graduate students who are interested in research, analysis, writing, policy drafting, and project administration. Interns will gain practical skills working on a variety of human rights topics. In the past, our interns have worked on projects relating to trafficking, immigration-related advocacy, and human rights training and education.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compile and analyze qualitative and quantitative data
- Research and draft summaries on human rights issues
- Assist with writing reports related to local and international human rights issues
- Assist with researching and developing internal policies
- Assist with communications such as newsletters, blog posts, and web pages, and creating organizational materials
- Assist with planning trainings and clinics
- Assist with legislative advocacy plans
- Assist with all aspects of work at a small non-profit, including administrative tasks, data management, etc.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Excellent writing and organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- Interest in human rights issues
- Research experience
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Sensitivity to diverse cultures
- Basic Microsoft Office Suite
We do not accept applications submitted directly via Handshake or other external portals.