Human Rights Research and Policy Graduate Internship
Please note: Applications must be submitted through our website at https://www.theadvocatesforhumanrights.org/internships_fellowships
This internship is designed for graduate students who are interested in research, analysis, writing, policy drafting, and project administration. Interns will gain practical skills working on a variety of human rights topics. In the past, our interns have worked on projects relating to trafficking, immigration-related advocacy, and human rights training and education.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compile and analyze qualitative and quantitative data
- Research and draft summaries on human rights issues
- Assist with writing reports related to local and international human rights issues
- Assist with researching and developing internal policies
- Assist with communications such as newsletters, blog posts, and web pages, and creating organizational materials
- Assist with planning trainings and clinics
- Assist with legislative advocacy plans
- Assist with all aspects of work at a small non-profit, including administrative tasks, data management, etc.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Excellent writing and organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- Interest in human rights issues
- Research experience
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Sensitivity to diverse cultures
- Basic Microsoft Office Suite
We do not accept applications submitted directly via Handshake or other external portals.