St. Kate’s Alumni Relations is seeking applicants to fill an open Student Office Assistant position. As a Student Office Assistant, a successful candidate will provide support to the Alumni Relations staff and overall St. Kate’s community, while working with alumni, faculty, and staff via email, social media, and through mailings.
- Assist in collecting data related to the Katie Volunteer Program including tracking volunteer info, volunteer task, and hours volunteered
- Manage volunteer swag giveaways by packaging and sending gifts to all St. Kate’s volunteers
- Support Alumni Relations staff in preparation of events and mailings
- Track and respond to select emails directed to Alumni Relations inbox
- Complete general office duties such as copying, filing, and running intra-campus errands
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and Google Drive applications
- Willingness to learn additional computer programs with natural technology skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to initiate and follow through on projects with minimal direction
- Desire to work professionally and effectively with diverse clientele across campus and the community
To be determined with supervisor once hired. Regular weekly shifts will be determined each semester based on availability and a commitment of 6-8 hours per week. A successful candidate will have the ability to tentatively commit to working with the Alumni Relations Office for at least one full academic year. All regular shifts will be scheduled between 9am-4:30pm with the opportunity to pick up event shifts as needed.
*During the COVID pandemic, a successful candidate will commit to working up to 3 hours per week in a socially-distant space on campus and the remainder of the hours remotely.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply with a resume and cover letter. Each document must be uploaded to your Handshake account before the system will allow you to apply. Make sure each has your name on it. If you would like help creating any of these documents, or you would like a professional to review them, contact St. Kate’s Career Development Office at Askcareer@stkate.edu, CdC 210, 651-690-8890. Career Development is also who you see if you experience issues using Handshake. Individuals with a disability who believe they may need any reasonable accommodations should contact the O’Neill Center for initial review.