This position is part of our college intern program. Internships are during the summer months. This internship is available for four-year college students the summer before their graduation date.
We will only be pursuing candidates who are currently authorized to work in the United States. We will not be pursuing candidates where Visa sponsorship is needed.
Responsibilities of this role include:
As an Engineering Analyst, you will begin your career at Securian in a comprehensive training program where you will learn Java, other key technologies, and professional skills. This program teaches you the foundational skills to start an application development career at Securian. After training, you will join an application development team where you will be actively involved in designing, developing, testing, debugging, and maintaining new and existing systems or integrating software solutions while using either Agile or Waterfall methodologies.
Creating engaging customer experiences, while ensuring our customers’ data is safeguarded is core to how we operate. Maintaining Securian’s competitive advantage is extremely important and you will be a part of a team that strives towards continuous advancements and improvements to meet our business and customer needs.
Key technologies include:
· Microsoft SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, and IMS databases
· Web Services (REST and SOAP)
· Spring Framework
· Groovy Script
· Versioning and Deployment (GitHub, Jenkins, Puppet)
1. Four-year degree with a major in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Business Administration, Engineering, Physical Sciences, or related degree preferred.
2. Strong analytical and design skills, creative problem-solving skills and high attention to detail.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to effectively communicate with clients and work as a member of a team.
4. Desire to continuously learn new things and contribute in a fast paced environment.
5. Ability to take the initiative, have strong sense of urgency and willing to accept a wide range of responsibilities.
6. Ability to participate periodically in overnight, on-call rotations and other noncore work hours to support Securian’s systems in the case of outages, job failures, implementations, etc.
7. You must currently be authorized to work in the United States. We will not be pursuing candidates requiring a Visa sponsorship.
Securian Financial has been around for nearly 140 years. We’re committed to giving back to our community, donating 15,000 employee volunteer hours this past year. We also provide extensive resources to our employees for professional development and growth and a number of diverse professional and social opportunities throughout the company. There’s a reason our employees have voted us as a best place to work year after year! In addition:
- Generous paid time off. We want you to take time off for whatever matters most to you!
- Tuition reimbursement program. We value continuous learning at Securian!
- Company-funded pension plan as well as 401K retirement plan – great resources to secure your financial future.
- Continuous opportunities for new challenges.
- Variety of health plan options as well as dental and vision plans.
- Paid maternity/paternity leaves.
Physical job requirements:
· Ability to work at least 40 hours per week
· Ability to utilize keyboard, mouse and computer for approximately 1-4 hours per day
· Ability to utilize phone for approximately 1-4 hours per day
The physical job requirements described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal employment opportunity:
Securian Financial Group, Inc. considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, marital or familial status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, or Veteran status. All applicants will be considered solely on the basis of their qualifications.