Residential Transitions, INC is a growing social services organization that is dedicated to the goal of embracing, supporting and honoring each person’s individuality in each of our programs. RTI provides services for adults diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness and/or a brain injury.
ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES: Looking for a chance to advance your career in mental health? We promote from within! 90% of RTI managers started out in entry-level positions at the company.
POSITION: Mental Health Worker
TYPE: Full-Time, Part-Time
SCHEDULE: A variety of schedules available! Apply to discuss options that work for you.
STARTING HOURLY WAGE: $15.50 per hour
BENEFITS: Preparing for the future is important to us. RTI offers a 401K plan to employees with a company match of up to 4% at 5% contribution. Full-Time Employee Benefit Package included: Medical/Dental, 3 Weeks of PTO Per Year, 8 Company Paid Holidays, 401K, Bonus Opportunities! Part-Time Employee Benefit Package included: PTO, 401K, Bonus Opportunities!
RTI is a great place for those who are majoring in or currently working in the fields of Psychology, Social Work, or other Social Services. RTI is now an approved provider of CEUs, and can offer clinically supervised hours towards practicum and licensure. RTI employees have access to clinical supervision hours, as well as the opportunity to obtain CEUs through monthly training sessions provided by RTI!
- Saint Paul
- West Saint Paul
- South Saint Paul
- Inver Grove Heights
- Hennepin County (Minneapolis, Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park, New Brighton, Crystal)
- Western Dakota County (Burnsville, Apple Valley, Rosemount, Lakeville, MN)
- Eastern Dakota / Ramsey County (Saint Paul, West Saint Paul, South Saint Paul, Inver Grove Heights, MN)
DESCRIPTION: Mental Health Practitioners provide independent living skills services to clients with diagnoses of mental illness, traumatic brain injuries, chemical dependency, and developmental disabilities.
A practitioner’s role will be working with participants in the following areas:
- Communication skills
- Community living and mobility
- Interpersonal skills
- Crisis Intervention
- Skill development, symptom management, etc.
- Promoting goal-orientated person-centered services that enhance each person’s progression to their desired goals.
- Applicants must be able to pass a Department of Human Services background check.
- Applicants must be orientated in a person-centered approach.
- Applicants must be able to organize and work independently.
- Applicants must have strong written and oral communication skills and must be able to document in an objective and effective manner.
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record.
- Applicants must have a working vehicle with valid auto insurance.
- Applicants must be able to lift 40 lbs or more.
EXPERIENCE: 1 year of experience working with persons diagnosed with Severe & Persistent Mental Illness (SPMI), Developmental Disabilities, Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI), Trauma Histories, and Chemical Dependency (CD) Histories preferred. Equivalent experience working in crisis response, caregiving, or a similar capacity with diverse populations will be considered.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: High School or equivalent.
PREFERRED EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, or a related field.
RTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JOIN OUR TEAM!