Residential Transitions, INC is a growing social services organization that is dedicated to the goal of embracing, supporting and honoring each person’s individuality in our programs. We serve the Minneapolis-Saint Paul area throughout our various Twin Cities locations.
ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES: Looking for a chance to advance your career in mental health? We promote from within! 90% of RTI managers started out in entry-level positions at the company.
POSITION: Mental Health Worker
TYPE: Full-Time, Part-Time
LOCATIONS: Inver Grove Heights, Eagan, Bloomington, Maple Grove, MN
SHIFTS: A variety of schedules available! Apply to discuss options that fit into your schedule.
BENEFITS: Preparing for the future is important to us. RTI offers a 401K plan to employees with a company match of up to 4% at 5% contribution.
-Full-Time Employee Benefit Package included: Medical/Dental, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401K, Bonus Opportunities!
-Part-Time Employee Benefit Package included: PTO, 401K, Bonus Opportunities!
DESCRIPTION: RTI is hiring passionate Mental Health Workers to work in our Adult Foster Care program. Mental Health Workers / Direct Support Professionals provide Independent Living Skills Training to individuals with mental health diagnoses, chemical dependency, and/or developmental disabilities.
- Support clients in Independent Living Skills through 1:1 services
- Support clients in mental health management through identifying coping skills, practicing coping skills, and alternative methods
- Teaches and models community integration skills such as: self-managing medications, managing personal finances, appropriate interpersonal interactions, managing the public transportation system, completing the necessary tasks to maintain a home, accessing community resources, using and accessing natural supports appropriately
- Interacts informally with clients to facilitate socialization and appropriate behavior
- Participates in scheduled and spontaneous recreational events.
- Teaches healthy living habits and develops the accompanying skills
- Maintains professional boundaries at all times
- Applicants must be able to pass a Department of Human Services background check.
- Applicants must be orientated in a person-centered approach.
- Applicants must be able to organize and work independently.
- Applicants must have strong written and oral communication skills and must be able to document in an objective and effective manner.
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record.
- Applicants must have a working vehicle with valid auto insurance.
- Applicants must be able to lift 40 lbs or more.
EXPERIENCE: 1 year of experience working with persons diagnosed with Severe & Persistent Mental Illness (SPMI), Developmental Disabilities, Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI), Trauma Histories, and Chemical Dependency (CD) Histories preferred. Equivalent experience working in crisis response, caregiving, or a similar capacity with diverse populations will be considered.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: High School or equivalent.
PREFERRED EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, or a related field.
RTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JOIN OUR TEAM!