Since we began in 1976, we have built our business by being on the cutting edge of what gets the best consistent and predictable results. Dedicated to scientifically proven methods, Rainbow Tree Company is continually educating our employees in order to provide the most effective solutions to our customers. We have a commitment to not only ourselves but to our clients to do excellent work and deliver extraordinary service. We believe in ongoing improvement as we grow in the community.
We’re seeking energetic and hard-working individuals to join our seasonal Tree Health Team in the Twin Cities as an Injectcare Technician. You will provide treatments to control insect and disease damage on trees while promoting their health.
The Injectcare team is an integral part of managing the spread of Emerald Ash Borer, Oak Wilt, and Dutch Elm Disease in the Twin Cities. Whether you’re already in the green industry, or looking to begin your career, we provide on the job training with opportunity for advancement and a fun outdoor work environment!
- Mix and apply our products according to company, state, and federal standards.
- Apply treatment, monitoring to ensure proper intake.
- Electronically record treated trees.
- Communicate with homeowners in a positive, professional manner.
- High school diploma or a GED
- Current pesticide applicator’s license upon start (we will pay for test)
- Driver’s license with a clean driving record is a must
- Able to work outdoors in rugged terrain and inclement weather
- Be able to work long days with possible overtime
- Experience in tree care or landscaping
- Leadership experience in work, school, or volunteer roles
- Demonstrated success in an independent work environment
- Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator and to operate tools and equipment
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is performed outdoors in any weather element throughout the Twin Cities metro area. May be required to bend, reach, stoop, and lift objects; may be exposed to safety hazards including: chemicals, dangerous tools, and equipment. Safety precautions must be followed at all times, including use of safety equipment. Must be able to lift 50 pounds at any given time.
You should know:
Recognized as a Top 150 Workplace in Minneapolis/St. Paul in 2019!
At Rainbow Tree Company, we celebrate our differences and are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.