Looking to pursue a career in Packaging R&D Development at a growing consumer packaged goods company? Do you want to gain hands-on experience in an innovative, mission-driven, consumer-centric organization? Post Consumer Brands is looking for a Packaging R&D Engineer Intern for a 12-week summer 2021 immersive & transformative internship experience. Post Consumer Brands is unique as our core values & mission are at the forefront of our efforts. Consider joining our team to launch the success story of your career journey.
In order to fully realize the value of diversity of talent, experience, strengths, and backgrounds each of us brings to Post Consumer Brands, we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on these behaviors:
- Be open to new ideas
- Listen attentively as a partner
- Model collaboration
- Be accountable
- Respect all viewpoints
The Research and Development team is responsible for leading the development and management of products for Post Consumer Brands. The Packaging team is responsible for supporting packaging development and commercialization of new, improved, and cost reduced packaging while supporting the cross-functional project tasks to ensure quality of package/product through supply chain to the customer. The purpose of this intern position is to develop an individual to assist the team in the identification of new opportunities, formulation, cross-functional communication and collaboration, testing and commercialization of new product packaging, reformulations and other packaging-based opportunities.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES / DUTIES
The Packaging R&D Engineer Intern may assist in a number of project and/or operations support roles in the Research & Development department. Assignments may include work such as:
• Develop ideas for savings, innovation, and quality improvements that are relevant to the business
• Collaborate with business, and technical peers on assigned projects, as well as external partners and resources
• Plan, execute, and analyze plant or lab trials
• Review and approve, interpret, develop, and issue technical specifications
• Coordination of packaging timeline to meet company milestones
• Prepare and present results of technical report to business team, both written and oral
• Gain a working knowledge of the packaging principles and operating systems of the business
• Maintain awareness of technical trends and developments in the packaging industry
• Gain valuable experience working with multiple packaging technology platforms including Film, Paperboard, and Corrugated
• Establish working relationship with key suppliers
Specific project and operational roles will be identified 30-60 days prior to the start of the internship, based on business need and intern interests.
• Candidates must be pursuing a four-year undergraduate or graduate degree or at an institution with an accredited program in Packaging Science or equivalent Engineering discipline
• Proven leadership, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and in teams
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• The ideal candidate is a self-starter who takes initiative to identify areas of opportunity and take action
• A high level of competence in computer applications and the ability to use technology as a decision-support tool
• Ability to identify and evaluate tactical methods to achieve objectives, identify deviations from the plan, and facilitate resolution
• Ability to handle confidential information and use discretion within and outside of the organization
• Previous internship or work experience (strongly preferred)
• Interest in the consumer packaged goods / manufacturing industry with the desire to start a career with Post Consumer Brands after graduation (strongly preferred)
Additional Program Information & Perks
• Offering competitive compensation
• Access to a dynamic internship event program including development, networking, & social activities
• Eligible for subsidized housing & relocation stipend
• Cereal galore – enjoy a variety of cereal and oatmeal options in our break room, for free. Free milk, coffee, and conversation included as well. We promise you won’t be disappointed.
Interested to apply?
Visit www.jobs.postconsumerbrands.com to apply online and follow us on social media to keep to date on the great things happening every day at Post Consumer Brands.
Learn more about Post Consumer Brands
Post Consumer Brands is a business unit of Post Holdings Inc., formed from the combination of Post Foods and MOM Brands in May 2015. Headquartered in Lakeville, Minn., Post Consumer Brands today is the third-largest cereal company in the United States, with a broad portfolio of products spanning all segments of the category — from iconic household name brands and value ready-to-eat cereals to natural/organic and hot cereal varieties. As a company committed to high standards of quality and to our values, we are driven by one idea: To make better happen every day. For more information about us, visit www.postconsumerbrands.com.
Post Holdings and Post Consumer Brands provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.