Pine Grove Zoo is looking for highly motivated individuals to assist with daily Zoo Keeper responsibilities during our open season.
· Must be energetic, friendly, outgoing and enjoy interacting with visitors of all ages.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· The internship is available to college students majoring in biology, zoology, education or a r
· Seeking individuals with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Good public speaking skills and a sense of humor are a must for all internships.
· Interns will also receive animal handling training and be given the opportunity to present live
animals to groups of various ages and sizes.
· Will learn identification of all animals at Pine Grove Zoo.
· Prepare animal diets and clean and maintain habitats.
· Daily care of our Outreach Ambassadors.
· Daily care of our Petting Stable Animals, as well as general cleaning of the petting stable.
· Monitor animal behaviors and maintain detailed records.
· Assist and interact with our visitors in our Admission and Gift Shop Building.
· Assist in the general cleanliness of Pine Grove Zoo grounds, buildings and park buildings.
· Assist in creating and providing enrichment for our animals
· Participate in our Operant Training Program.
· Assist in educational programs and participate in visitor presentations.
· Assist with animal health procedures when possible.
· Assist with additional tasks as needed.