Job Title: Records Clerk
Reports to: Center Director
Job Summary: The Records Clerk uses a computer database to enroll children in Head Start and to maintain all child and family records for PICA.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Answer calls from prospective Head Start families.
• Accept Head Start applications, input information into the computer and rank the applications.
• Provide Center Director with information gained from doing data base searches, e.g.. number of children on waiting list, number of children speaking Spanish at home, etc.
• Enter child and family information into the database in a timely manner.
• Troubleshoot the accuracy of the child and family records by identifying missing or incorrect information and alerting the appropriate individuals.
• Act as center receptionist when necessary.
• Dependable attendance.
Required Skills Knowledge and Abilities:
• Skill in interpersonal communication.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to maintain an orderly and inviting office environment.
• Ability to learn how to use a Macintosh computer and its various applications.
• Ability to pay attention to details.
• Previous experience with Head Start preferred.
• This position requires repetitive physical activity, including standing and/or walking for extended periods of time, bending, crouching, kneeling, sitting on the floor, and the ability to lift and safely carry at least 50 pounds.
• Ability to work well with individuals from various ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
Statements included in this job description do not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as circumstance change. Rev. 2020