Parents In Community Action, Inc. (PICA) is a private, nonprofit
agency designated by the federal government to operate Head Start
and Early Head Start programs in Minnesota. PICA serves over
2,600 children and families and offers a variety of programs and
Job Title: Head Start Teacher
Supervised by: Center Director /Center Supervisor
Job Summary: The Teacher is responsible for planning,
implementing and evaluating child development experiences for the
enrolled children. This position operates a safe, diverse and
developmentally appropriate classroom in accordance with all
• This is a full-time year round position.
• 13 paid holidays.
• 12 additional PTO days per year.
• Additional paid winter break.
• Meet state and federal licensing requirements for RHS Head
Start. Must have at least an AA degree in Early Childhood. BA/MA
• Good communication, record keeping, writing and computer
• Experience working in and knowledge of early childhood
• Ability to work with people from various ethnic and
socio-economic backgrounds. MUST have valid drivers license.
• Interest in working with young children and their families.
Excellent working conditions and benefit package including low
cost medical insurance, paid dental/life insurance, sick/annual
leave, retirement and education/training opportunities.
Occasional evening and weekend work.