Parents In Community Action, Inc. (PICA) is a private, nonprofit
agency designated by the federal government to operate Head Start
and Early Head Start programs in Minnesota. PICA serves over
2,600 children and families and offers a variety of programs and
Job Title: Head Start Assistant Teacher
Job Summary: The Head Start Assistant Teacher assists the Teacher
in planning, implementing and evaluating child development
experiences for the children enrolled in Head Start.
• This is a full-time year round position.
• 13 paid holidays.
• 12 additional PTO days per year.
• Additional paid winter break.
• Meet state and federal licensing requirements for Head Start.
• Good communication, record keeping, writing and computer
• Experience working in and knowledge of early childhood
• Ability to work with people from various ethnic and
• Interest in working with young children and their families.
Excellent working conditions and benefit package including low
cost medical insurance, paid dental/life insurance, sick/annual
leave, retirement and education/training opportunities.
Occasional evening and weekend work.