Commercial Insurance Analyst I – Commercial Real Estate Finance
This position requires a deadline driven, organized and detail minded individual who would be responsible for commercial insurance compliance, ensuring minimized risk to all investor portfolios. Focus will be on developing a high level understanding of commercial insurance terminology, management of an assigned portfolio, and consistent attention to detail and accuracy in all job responsibilities. Additional responsibilities may be added to adapt to company growth.
**All Applicants must complete an online application to be considered
**All inquiries for this position, please contact Maddie Shillingstad in Human Resources at NorthMarq (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· Plan and schedule own workload to most efficiently meet benchmarks and manage assigned portfolio, prioritizing according to risk and urgency.
· Provide premier customer service to investors, borrowers, agents and other NorthMarq staff.
· Monitor and collect Evidence of Insurance, upon expiration.
· Conduct due diligence of loan documents to ensure proper loan setup and servicing of the loan.
· Audit insurance certificates and policies to ensure conformity with investor and company regulations at renewal to ensure proper policy performance and compliance, applying guidelines and procedures that may require some interpretation in dealing with exceptions. Maintain and update commercial mortgage insurance files and servicing system files.
· Identify potential risk for the company and the investor and promptly notify the appropriate parties following identification of any coverage issue, deficiency, or lapse in coverage.
· Achieve a high level of commercial insurance expertise, quality, understanding of risk and possible outcomes due to coverage non-compliance.
· Achieve ability to analyze insurance deficiencies, corresponding risk, and possible impacts on property financial performance, focusing on recommending the course of action based on the outcome of the applicable research.
· Demonstrate growth in risk and waiver analyses; utilize gained expertise to prepare comprehensive written analyses of complex issues for investor and/or management review. Reach prompt and satisfactory resolution of insurance non-compliance, or other issues. Monitor and update monthly loan reports utilized by investors and management to analyze potential risk.
· Demonstrate continued growth and development towards the Commercial Insurance Analyst II position.
· Perform other reasonable tasks/projects, as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the business or finance areas; or insurance related industry designations with direct experience and demonstrated ability to perform the required tasks.
Work Experience: 1 to 3 years of office experience; Insurance or Mortgage Loan experience preferred.
Demonstrated Technical Competencies to include:
· Familiar with insurance and commercial mortgage terminology
· Strong skills in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
Demonstrated Professional Competencies to include:
· Customer service oriented; looks for ways to add value beyond customers’ immediate requests and enhance customer service
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks, assignments and prioritize to meet deadlines
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work both independently and within a team, with minimal supervision
· Ability to identify and analyze risk, continually applying knowledge gained to improve job performance
· Problem-solving skills to reflect level of responsibilities
· Attention to detail and accuracy required
· Ability to maintain a positive attitude in all situations
· Demonstrated work ethic and willingness to work extended hours when necessary