This announcement will be used to fill current and future part-time Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) vacancies at the Minnesota Veterans Home-Minneapolis. The available shifts are either day, evening, or night. Part-time positions of 20 or more hours per week are eligible for insurance benefits.
Deliver licensed practical nursing care within the LPN scope of practice, as defined by the Minnesota Nurse Practice Act, for cognitively and physically disabled residents. Work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team to promote the well-being, health and safety of residents in a person centered, long term care environment.
Please indicate all employment conditions and shifts for which you are available to work. Qualified applicants will be considered for all vacancies they indicate they are available to work.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume/application clearly describes your experience in the areas listed below, and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held. Only applicants whose resumes clearly demonstrate fulfillment of each of these minimum qualifications will be considered for this position.
- Licensed in Minnesota as a Practical Nurse with no restrictions
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and take clear notes
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification or ability to obtain certification within the probationary period
- Experience working in a long term care environment
- Experience working with Veterans
Interested person must apply through the State of Minnesota’s Career website at:
to Job Posting ID #42887
If you have questions about the position, contact Shamara Freeman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-816-9518.