Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor/ LADC
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Meridian Behavioral Health LLC is a Minnesota leader in behavioral health care and addiction recovery services, with a network of addiction treatment centers nationwide. Our Medicated Assisted Therapy (MAT) site in Minneapolis is seeking an Addictions Counselor to join the team.
Would you like to work in a warm environment focused on meeting clients where they are at while following the Harm Reduction philosophy? Our Minneapolis Medication Assisted Treatment clinic provides excellent care for our patients while giving them tools to meet their goals.
- Utilizes knowledge of clinical diagnostic methods and principles to assess patient status and acute needs.
- Completes with patients all intake, admission, discharge and aftercare paperwork.
- Completes the patient psychosocial and an individual treatment plan within specific federal guidelines.
- Identifies and assesses symptoms related to the treatment of Opioid addiction that results in clear and prompt interventions supportive of the patients.
- Provides individual, group, and/or family counseling in a manner that respects each patients individual characteristics, needs and preferences.
- Provides crisis intervention, when needed, based on proven and researched intervention approaches.
- Utilizes knowledge of Federal, State and local ordinances and policies to support the patient’s recovery needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of co-occurring mental health disorders, and provides appropriate interventions and/or referrals to address the symptoms in a manner that aids and supports the person’s addiction recovery process.
- Develops multiple external recovery resources through collaboration with fellow counselors, investigation and awareness of external resources, and development of relationships with external resource providers that benefit each patient.
- Provides treatment in a manner that reflects knowledge of a range of treatment interventions and methods, and demonstrates that knowledge through documentation of those interventions and methods in the record of the patient.
- Provides culturally competent treatment through an awareness of one’s own personal biases and how they impact interactions with patients and fellow employees, through a knowledge of the cultural characteristics and context of the patient, and through demonstrating counseling skills that reflect an awareness of one’s own biases and a knowledge of the patient’s cultural background and characteristics.
- Interacts with patients, fellow employees and visitors to the clinic in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of open, direct, and assertive communication.
- Refers patients to community mental health substance abuse agencies as part of a comprehensive referral process to external resources and supports.
- Utilizes behavioral contracts as one of a variety of therapeutic methods to assist patients with meeting the requirements of the program, when such an approach will benefit an individual patient’s recovery process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minnesota LADC or ADC-T licensure
- A minimum of two years freedom from chemical abuse problems.
- 20 days of paid-time-off
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Passionate co-workers
- 12-month onboarding program
- A job with a sense of purpose as you help people on their path to recovery
We owe our success to the passion, commitment and expertise of our staff. Our licensed and experienced staff takes the role of coach/teacher, providing support and encouragement from the heart.
Come join us and see the difference you’ll make!
Valhalla Place provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics.