The Zhang lab studying neurodegeneration at Mayo Clinic (www.kezhanglab.net) is searching for a two-year, full-time research technician. The role of this position is to support postdocs’ work on Drosophila genetics, cell culture, and molecular biology. The applicant is required to
- Have authorization to work in the US
- Work full-time
- Have a high school degree
- NOT have a PhD, MD, or equivalent Doctor’s degree
- Have a GPA >3.2 (Official transcripts required for verification)
- Commit two years of employment
- Start to work no later than August, 2021 (earlier than that is highly preferred)
Background in biology or medicine is not required, but the applicant should be willing to learn skills in Drosophila genetics, cell culture and molecular biology. Please submit your application to email@example.com.
The candidate will be appointed as either Special Project Assistant I or II, which will be decided by Mayo Clinic HR, depending on the candidate’s experience and training background. The salary standard for these positions has not been announced for 2021, but it ranges from $17-21 per hour in the current and recent years. Benefits including health insurance will be provided unless otherwise notified.