Mary’s Pence Social Media Intern
Mary’s Pence is a faith based feminist organization inspired by Catholic Social teachings. that supports women in the Americas through both social and economic development. Our commitment to justice motivates our work. We are grateful to walk alongside people of all faiths and beliefs on this journey toward justice.
Our annual budget is approximately $600,000. Approximately 80% of our funds come from individual donors, with less than 20% from grants. Mary’s Pence has a staff of eight, five people based out of the St. Paul office, and three staff members in Latin America.
Mary’s Pence seeks a part-time social media intern to help create and manage content for our various social media platforms to promote our mission and our organization’s branding. The social media intern will work closely with the development and communications manager at Mary’s Pence.
- Plan and adhere to content calendars
- Create and post content to different Mary’s Pence social media platforms
- Develop content that creates engagement – surveys, quizzes, reflections, etc.
- Optimize content to track user traffic and assess user response to different content posted
- Help plan and execute social media campaigns that utilize paid advertising to reach a wider audience, promote brand awareness and increase donations
- Experience managing social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Experience managing social media integration platforms (i.e. Hootsuite, Canva, etc.) to design and schedule posts.
- Strong written communication skills that can incorporate the core messages of Mary’s Pence mission, vision, and values.
- Ability to brainstorm and collaborate as part of a team of staff and volunteers.
- Work independently and efficiently from a remote setting to meet work expectations and deadlines.
This is a 100% remote, unpaid internship starting as soon as possible. We ask for a minimum 3 month commitment. Estimated weekly time commitment is 10-15 hours. Interested candidates should send a resume and two writing and/or design samples to Christine Lian: firstname.lastname@example.org.