Lurie, LLP’s Technology Assurance practice conducts IT security and compliance consulting engagements throughout the country. Our fun team of professionals ranges from recent college graduates to senior leaders. We are currently seeking a Technology Assurance Associate who has a strong understanding of business controls, business process and possesses good IT technical knowledge. Applicants can come from an accounting or technology background and should be passionate about understanding and working in a variety of business environments and enjoy working in a fast paced environment. The ideal candidate will have relevant professional work experience through an internship or other job. The start date for this position will be in the fall 2021.
Duties Include but not limited to:
- Developing short and long range plans by collecting, interpreting, and preparing data for studies, reports and recommendations. The plans will include but not be limited to:
- Security assessments/audits and plans.
- SOC 1 / SSAE 16 (formerly SAS 70) readiness and attestation engagements
- SOC 2 and SOC 3 readiness and attestation engagements under AT section 101 under the Trust Services Principles, Criteria, and Illustrations
- Interest in SOX –Sarbanes Oxley
- Controls testing
- Technology assessments and plans
- T/IS departmental assessments
- Information Technology Strategic Planning
- Disaster recovery/business continuity/COOP plans
- Working with clients to provide professional advice; making presentations to management, committees, task forces, and other groups as
- Presenting official plans, policies and procedures to clients and stakeholders.
- Issuing written and oral reports; performs duties and checks work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to departmental standards.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Information Systems, Accounting or related degree
- Relevant internship experience
- Possessing good written and verbal skills with excellent organizational abilities
- Being able to work in a team environment
- Demonstrating a strong problem solving skill set and ability to seize initiative and take responsibility
- Demonstrating an interest in obtaining Certifications (CPA, CISA, CISM, CBCP, CGEIT, CRISC, CISSP, and many others)
Lurie LLP is an equal opportunity employer. Veterans, women, persons of color, members of the LGBTQ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.