Candidate must be able to obtain an Alaska Teacher Certificate.
Candidate will possess the ability and willingness to teach Social Studies classes, and live in a cross-cultural, rural Alaskan environment. Instructional Coaches will assist new teachers learn about the culture, curriculum and refining instructional practices.
In addition the Employee Salary Package includes:
1. Salary range depending on experience and education from $55,011 – $97,798
2. $4,000 bonus pay
3. Subsidized housing in the villages from $700-$900 per month (does not include Bethel)
4. LKSD pays ALL the maintenance and utilities for village housing (does not include Bethel)
5. Round trip airfare from Anchorage to home village per year
6. Laptop and desktop computer for each teacher