Lionsgate Academy is a public charter school open to students of all abilities in grades 7 through 12, and also offers a transition program for students ages 18-21. Lionsgate’s program is inclusively designed to address the unique learning needs of students living on the autism spectrum as well as students with other learning differences.
Lionsgate Academy continues to grow! Lionsgate offers smaller class sizes, professional development opportunities as well as, work/life balance, AND all in a fun, collaborative and supportive work environment. We are looking for passionate and driven educators, who believe in our mission and are excited to join our team!
POSITION TITLE: Spanish Teacher (.5 FTE Shoreview, .5 FTE Minnetonka)
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Building Principals
POSITION STATUS: Exempt
CORE HOURS: Monday – Friday, 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
DUTY DAYS: 187
The Spanish Teacher is responsible for providing support to the instructional process by serving as a teacher with specific responsibility for supervising students within the classroom and other assigned areas; developing lesson plans and delivering group and individual student instruction within established curriculum guidelines; collaborating with other teachers, other professional staff, and administrators in addressing instructional and/or classroom issues; and responding to a wide range of inquiries from students’ parents or guardians regarding instructional program and student progress.
- Travel between the Lionsgate Academy Shoreview location (599 Cardigan Rd, Shoreview, MN 55126) and Lionsgate Academy Minnetonka location (5605 Green Circle Drive, Minnetonka, MN 55343) to teach Spanish classes in both locations.
- Develop lesson plans for grades 7 through grades 12 that ensure the attainment of state/district and/or national learning standards and the additional learning standards set forth in the charter, support individual learning plans, and multiple learning styles
- Attend Individual Education Plan Team meetings with parents, administrators, testing specialists, social workers, and professionals to develop, designed, and promote students’ educational, physical, and social development
- Work with other staff members in implementing accommodations and modifications
- Engage in effective and appropriate classroom management by providing an inviting, exciting, innovative, and challenging learning environment
- Involve families in the education process
- Maintain positive, professional relationships and use appropriate verbal, nonverbal and written communication with all individuals.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records, and prepare reports on students as required by law, policies, and administrative regulations
- Participates in professional growth activities including conferences, workshops, coursework, trainings, committees, etc.
- Regular, prompt attendance.
OTHER POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with a team on developing, re-examining, revising and implementing an integrated and differentiated curriculum with integrated projects and use of universal language
- Complete IEP reporting forms and other student forms in a timely manner
- Work on committees and participate in the governance and development of the school
- Explores, disseminates and applies knowledge and information about new or improved methods of instruction and related issues
- Maintain digital lesson plans
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Experience in differentiation, using creative teaching techniques from project–based to direct-instruction in developing personalized learning plans for each student
- Entrepreneurial, innovative and flexible traits that will thrive in a new learning environment
- Experienced in the instruction of students with varied learning styles and levels of mastery
- Demonstrated ability to work well with families
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Willingness to be held accountable for student results
- Ability to evaluate tests and measurements of achievement
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret data or regulations. Ability to write reports and professional correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors, co-workers, families, and students.
- Possession of a valid Minnesota Teaching License in Spanish through Minnesota Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board (PELSB)
- Ability to operate a computer and the software necessary to complete required job tasks
- Preferred identified classroom experience & teaming experience with special education and regular education service teams.
- Preferred experience, interest and/or expertise with students on the Autism spectrum
This position description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all of the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic responsibilities of all positions at Lionsgate Academy.