To ensure student special education academic needs are addressed using best practice and research based strategies and interventions.
- Work with a team on the continued implementation and development of programming in the subject area for 7th-12th grade students
- Collaborate with general education teacher to accommodate and modify lesson plans, activities, assignments, and tests
- Team teach with general education teacher
- Provide direct instruction on subject area curriculum, incorporating goals and objectives in the special education or general education setting
- Maintain accurate and complete lesson plans
- Organize and oversee data collection for academic and/or behavioral goals and objectives in general education classrooms
- Write progress reports summarizing data collected each quarter
- Collaborate with general education teachers and educational assistants to implement student individual behavior plans
- Ensure that students’ accommodations and modifications are being implemented and academic service minutes are being served
- Attend special education and general education department meetings
- Provide input to case managers on students before IEP meetings and attend IEP meetings if necessary
- Determine present levels of performance and write standards based goals (may collaborate with case manager)
- Maintain positive, professional relationships and use appropriate verbal, nonverbal and written communication with all individuals
- Monitor due process documents for accuracy and compliance
- Participate in IEP meetings and student case conferences, as needed
- Regular, prompt attendance
OTHER POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to work well with families
- Awareness of autism and its manifestations, willingness to work with ASD students
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent work habits including attendance, punctuality, and dependability
- Promotes a positive school culture
- Strong communication skills and ability to work within a team
- Possession of a valid Minnesota Teaching License in Special Education
- Ability to operate a computer and the software necessary to complete the required job tasks
- In process of gaining ASD Licensure or hold certificate with willingness to pursue licensure
- Experience teaching Science content
- Experience, interest and/or expertise working with students on the autism spectrum, varied learning styles and levels of mastery
- Experience in differentiation, using creative teaching techniques from project–based to direct-instruction in developing personalized learning plans for each student
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Ability to read, analyze and interpret human service periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, students, parents and the general public. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, mean, mode and median ability to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
This position description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all of the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic responsibilities of all positions at Lionsgate Academy.