Job Duties and Responsibilities :
- Analyze, design, build, test, debug, document, implement and maintain new or existing applications and software on distributed and/or mainframe systems.
- Review and analyze user needs and design proposed system solutions based on requirements and participate in the development and testing of these solutions and ensure alignment to defined timelines.
- Take care of raw data that contains human, machine or instrument errors, ingestion and transformation. The data might not be validated and contain suspect records; It may be unformatted and can contain codes that are system-specific.
- Recommend and sometimes implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality. To do so, you need to employ a variety of languages and tools to marry systems together or try to seek opportunities to acquire new data from various systems so that the system-specific codes. Data engineers will need to ensure the architecture that is in place supports the requirements of enterprise customer data and the stakeholders.
- Develop customer master data management solutions or working with industry leading master data management tool (Informatica MDM, reltio, tibco EBX, etc.)
- Ensure data quality under the guidance of a more senior team member or manager
- Work with vendor technical staff on upgrades and enhancements
- Look for opportunities to drive improvements
- Develop current business solutions independently
- Develop and maintains program documentation independently
- Assist in the functionality used by software applications, including change management, security and authentication, disaster recovery planning, support for data access, system configurations and reports
- Serve as a resource to deployment and support teams after launch
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work with business partners including Scrum team members, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, MIS, mathematics, or related field
Prefer experience with:
- Developing customer master data management solutions or working with industry leading master data management tool (informatica MDM, reltio, tibco EBX, etc.)
- Graph database
- Java, Spring, Kafka, GitFlow, Bamboo
- Experience in DevOps
- Developing RESTful web services
- Relational SQL databases