The Lake City Catholic Worker Farm has a variety of opportunities for spring & summer internship positions.
Summer internships typically last 6-12 weeks between May and August.
All living expenses (lodging, food, and fun!) are included in the internship and we offer a $50-$75/week stipend based on need.
In addition to working in the vegetable garden, taking care of pigs and goats, and daily community items such as cooking, chores, etc…, below are some ideas that interns could focus on.
✓ Harvest fruit to brew kombucha
✓ Plant and maintain perennial fruit trees
✓ Work on our on-farm stand selling delicious kombucha while at the same time being able to discuss the positives of local, organic, perennial, healthy, restorative agriculture
✓ Explore how food is grown for a healthy diet that also restores soil fertility
Benefits of an Internship on Our Farm
- Room and (amazing) food are included
- Flexible starting or ending dates
- Sundays off and other time as needed
- Participation in a faith-based community life
- Opportunities to learn about and participate in a local, sustainable and truly just business
- Opportunity for fun with our community in SE Minnesota, such as canoeing across the Mississippi River, biking, and fun on the farm!
Come and join us!