Kraus-Anderson offers an opportunity to make an immediate impact with an industry leader!
Core Purpose: Building enduring relationships and strong communities
- Integrity – Do the right thing…always be respectful, honest and fair
- Commitment – Take ownership, work hard, and keep promises
- Teamwork – Collaborate to foster trust and success for all
- Value People – Support each other in a safe, positive environment where people are recognized and appreciated for their contributions
For more than a century, Kraus-Anderson has been transforming the American landscape.
Founded in 1897 and privately owned and managed by the Engelsma family for more than 70 years, KA is consistently ranked by Engineering News Record among the top 50 general contractors in the United States. Our base of operations in Minnesota is supplemented with regional offices, extending our capabilities coast to coast.
We take a highly collaborative approach to our work. We work closely with owners, architects and the entire planning team well before ground is broken; providing cost analyses, scheduling information, and value engineering services to ensure that our client can make informed decisions leading to a timely finish of the highest quality and the best value.
We are currently seeking an Accounting Intern for a minimum period of eight weeks over the 2021 summer months. This is a full-time, paid opportunity beginning in May and ending in August (dates are flexible.)
Upon acceptance, the Accounting Intern will be provided with a week-to-week schedule of tasks. Responsibilities in which the student may be involved include:
- Processing Accounts Payable Invoices and Subcontractor Pay Applications
- Processing Billings and Payments through Accounts Receivable
- Cost Accounting in a Job Costing Environment
- Bank Reconciliations
- Project Budgets and Forecasts
- Employee Expense Reports
- Indirect Cost Allocations to Job Cost
- General Ledger Account Reconciliation
- Posting Journal Entries to Project Cost and General Ledger
- Participate in the Month End Close Process
Preferred qualifications for this opportunity are:
- Completion of Junior year toward a Bachelor Degree either in Accounting, or Business Administration with a major in Accounting (minimum)
- Desire to work in a construction financial management environment
- Ability to learn quickly in an interactive environment
- Outgoing and enjoys networking with professionals at all levels and in multiple fields within an organization
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills
We offer a challenging, rewarding, and supportive environment where employees are positioned to make a positive impact on our business, our communities, and their own future.
We believe in building leaders. KA offers a wide range of enrichment and professional growth opportunities through KA University and community service opportunities through our KA Has Heart Volunteer Program.
Make A Positive Impact