The Hospitality Intern will assist students in the Institute’s Hospitality Program with applying for jobs, creating resumes, writing cover letters, and navigating the bus system. The Job Readiness Intern will work directly with students in the Hospitality Class as they practice for job interviews and prepare for the American workplace environment. Duties include developing study materials to address individual student needs, tutoring, assisting with basic computer skills and modeling excellent employee behavior.
Interns who have enjoyed this internship in the past have been patient, detail-oriented, energetic, comfortable with independent problem-solving, and interested in tutoring.
- Interest in ESL learners and ability to work with diverse groups of students
- Good communication and computer skills
- Ability to work flexibly, independently problem solve, and identify solutions to issues that arise
- Collaborates well with a diverse team in decision-making and project development
- Demonstrated interest in refugee and immigrant issues
- Assists hospitality learners in applying for jobs, practicing for interviews, and acquiring necessary vocabulary
- Creates career learning and exploration activities for students
- Assists students in learning bus routes to the Institute and to employment sites
- Helps develop materials for Hospitality Class Job Club and assists instructors with class activities
- Supports individual students with learning needs
- Helps create an energetic and positive environment for adult learners
- Work with learners to develop essential skills for working in hotel housekeeping
- Part-time 8-12 hours/week, 3 days a week, days and times negotiable