KSTP 5 Eyewitness News is the award-winning ABC network affiliate for the Twin Cities. Part of Hubbard Broadcasting, KSTP-TV is a longtime market leader, and is committed to excellence in all that it does-broadcast news with hyper-local coverage, important public service that deals powerfully with today’s issues, and now, more than ever, top-notch digital content, to reach our viewers and followers with information the way they want to receive it. When you work for KSTP, or our other local, independently operated station KSTC, Channel 45, you will find yourself among dedicated, passionate people who work hard every day to improve our product and our community. If you have the qualifications, and you are a person of talent and integrity, we invite you to apply!
5 Eyewitness News is looking for a Content Editor to join our team of award winning journalists. This is a highly skilled position that requires multitasking in a fast paced environment. The content desk is the evolution of a traditional newsroom assignment desk and digital department. We are essential for coordinating, writing, and distributing content across all of our platforms. TV producers, assignment editors and web producers are encouraged to apply.
- Actively monitor an array police scanners and social media, websites, public safety scanners, phones and emails for breaking news,
- significant events, and interesting community stories.
- Being knowledgeable about local, nation and global events. Have a good understanding of government and legal policy and procedure.
- Generate unique, enterprise story ideas. Work with producers and reporters to develop complete stories, find contacts, and track follow
- Make snap decisions during breaking news by notifying the newsroom, assigning crews, and confirming information. Being accurate
- while aggressive is a must.
- Coordinating multiple field crews, multiple ways to broadcast in remote live locations while maintaining communication with the
- Write news directly to our online and social platforms from a variety of sources including AP feeds, social media accounts, and live
- Utilize a variety of technologies for video capture & edit, file transfer, social communication, live traffic cameras, remote interviews.
- Communicates frequently throughout the day regarding changes with reporters, story follows, crew assignments, etc.
- Consult with newsroom management on difficult editorial decisions. Able to quickly adapt to other duties that arise on short notice.
- Able to quickly adapt to other duties that arise on short notice.
- Prior experience working in a local television newsroom.
- Exceptional communication and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to excel in a high pressure, demanding environment, to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organization and writing skills including grammar and spelling.
- Excellent verbal skills when speaking with the public and media contacts.
- Advanced computer literacy and ability to learn new programs/platforms–Knowledge of contemporary newsroom systems is highly
- Experience with digital publishing and content management systems, especially WordPress
- Experience with web analytics, including Google Analytics, Chartbeat and CrowdTangle
- Four-year Bachelor of Arts degree in journalism or communications, or equivalent professional experience.
- Prior experience using major social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube is required.
- Must be available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays as scheduled.
For information regarding our benefits, please copy the link below and paste in your browser:
Hubbard Broadcasting has been committed to representing the communities we serve since our founding nearly 100 years ago. The same holds true today. We know the best way to accomplish this is by recruiting and retaining top talent from diverse cultures, life experiences, and world views. With dignity and respect, we value YOU and everything that makes YOU uniquely YOU.
We are an equal opportunity employer.