Headway is looking for accountable and decisive team members who want to make a dynamic and lasting impact in their communities. We are a passionate and responsive social enterprise making a difference in the lives of over 20,000 families and individuals throughout the Twin Cities metro area each year. We pride ourselves on bringing innovative, dimensional solutions to mental health challenges while continually learning new and better ways to provide care. Our mission is to empower people of all ages to live an emotionally healthy life.
As a Therapist, you will have the opportunity to directly impact lives through our successful mental health programs. You will be part of a caring and highly regarded outpatient staff of professionals. You will provide services that promote healing, growth and change to youth and their families in community and school based settings.
Location: Primarily office in Richfield, but services will also be provided in Brooklyn Center and Hopkins as well as metro area as needed.
Hours: Monday – Friday, based on client needs.
Goals and Outcomes:
- Provide positive customer service
- Create a supportive learning environment
- Teach, model, and ensure ethical practice
- Complete intake, diagnostic assessment and treatment planning compliant with DHS Rule 47/Rule 29 guidelines
- Provide therapy services to youth and families based on diagnostic assessment
- Develop and facilitate groups as requested or demonstrated by need
- Administer a broad array of assessments to understand a person’s strengths as well as clarify the source of psychological symptoms
- Build and maintain caseload of clients to consistently meet client facing expectations
- Maintain active caseload as guided by agency and/or program policy
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with administrative supervisor re: clinician development
- Maintain and adapt schedule to meet agency and client needs
- Provide development within the framework of organization supervision model
- Understand, stay abreast of and provide education on best practices
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to self-regulate and self-reflect
- Ability to inspire trust and rapport with clients, team members and stakeholders
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to conceptualize and diagnose
- Ability to adapt style/therapeutic approach to meet individual client needs
- Model and foster adaptability
- Proficient computer skills word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Ability to manage time efficiently
- Commitment to continuing education and learning
Experience in administering testing in the following areas
- Cognitive/Adaptive Testing
- Autism spectrum disorder (Screening only)
- Personality functioning
- Mood disorders such as bipolar disorder and depression
- Anxiety/Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Reactive attachment disorder
- Oppositional defiant disorder
- Psychotic disorders
- Learning problems/Academic struggles
- Master’s Degree in psychology, social work, marriage and family therapy or other related field required.
- Experience providing individual and group therapeutic interventions
- Experience conducting mental health screenings
- Mental Health professional licensure track
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Exposure to fragrances and other environmental elements that may affect a chemical sensitivity
Services provided in a variety of arenas including: Headway office location, in schools, in the community and in client homes.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.