Date Created/Revised: 12/03/20
Job Description for: Hospitality Intern
Department: TBD (broad rotation with a “Home Department”)
Reports to: AGM/HR
Responsible for providing excellent, memorable guest service to all guests while maintaining outstanding professionalism that reflects the Company’s commitment to creating memories for its guests, staff and shareholders.
The position will rotate broadly through the operation, allowing the intern exposure to virtually all aspects of the hospitality operation. The intern will experience the “work” required to run a resort, while receiving (and perhaps contributing) to decision-making at all levels of the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Participant is to make beds in manner instructed
· Bathrooms are to be cleaned and organized per specifications
· All housekeeping supplies to be maintained and replenished as needed
· Must sweep and/or mop floors
· Must inspect and empty all garbage units
· Should inspect for dust, and clean/eliminate any identified
· Must fully vacuum units as per instruction
· Should fill & move (as needed) linen bags
· Must communicate with supervisor/manager when supplies are getting low and/or when repairs/preventative maintenance must be completed
General Rooms Rotation
· Works front desk/guest service, assisting guests with demands/needs
· Follows check in/check out procedures, reporting as required
· Maintaining Security & Comfort of guests
· Work with Sales Team on prospecting calls, business development
· Participate in Event Planning and Set Up
Spa, Recreation & Golf
· Participant will rotate through these departments, involving themselves in daily duties as well as managerial conversations.
· Follows direction regarding landscaping projects
· Timely completes assigned landscaping/grounds maintenance tasks
· Addresses engineering challenges/matters, assisting in repair and/or Preventative Maintenance (PM)
· Maintains open and positive communication with all other departments.
· Maintains vehicles, Identifies supply needs, and may assist in ordering
· Works as a team with grounds crew and/or other department employees on assignments
· Maintains safe work habits and uses all safety precautions recommended for each tool or machinery in order to maintain a safe work environment
· Preparing food according to guidelines and standards.
· Cleans, maintains and closes work area.
· Demonstrates satisfactory food quality, presentation and consistency.
· Maintains all food safety requirements at “inspection quality”
· Equipped for service on time.
· Demonstrates satisfactory food presentation, quality, and consistency
Human Resources & Finance
· Participant will learn aspects of these disciplines, participating in daily activities
· Meetings and/or exposure to managers/leaders
· At the conclusion of each rotation, student is to provide a list or summary of suggested improvements within the area (improvements in efficiencies and improvements in employee experience)
· Business requirements may create changes in rotation
· In each area, other duties may be assigned
· Pursuing hospitality education at university level
· Comfort with repetitive tasks on a daily basis
- Ability to manage time well, meet imposed deadlines and ability to work flexible hours
- The position requires the ability to lift over 50 pounds occasionally.
- This position requires the ability to stand, walk (4-5 hours at a time), kneel, and climb stairs, reach & bend.
- Flexibility, openness to change and general open-mind
- The position requires that the employee be able to read basic chemical labels and write in complete sentences in submitting reports and assessments.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED (actively pursuing BA in Hospitality)
- Valid drivers’ license for use of company vehicles may be required for certain roles