Join our growing company where we believe being a provider of choice also means being an employer of choice!
Genesis Group Homes offers residential care to developmentally and intellectually disabled individuals in stable and well-supervised residential homes and apartments located throughout the northwest metro of Minneapolis.
The primary purpose of the position is to directly supervise the operations of supervised living service and foster care service delivery to individuals who have developmental, mental health, or physical disabilities. This position ensures that all services are delivered according to GGH policies and procedures, county contracts, CSSP, and all applicable federal, state and county statutes, rules and regulations, and policies. This position also provides direct care to individuals as needed. All duties are subject to policy, procedure and management directives, and may be changed at any time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Locate, read, understand, and implement all Genesis Group Homes policies, procedures, and forms related to service provisions and emergencies.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of and implement the site’s Program Abuse Prevention Plan.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of assigned individuals’ histories, skills, program plans, SMA, CSSPA, CSSP, and IAPP.
- Provide support and supervision to each individual at the site.
- Provide therapeutic and least restrictive methods of intervention.
- Document methods, progress, and results of all service delivery and interventions with measurable, factual data.
- Enable individuals to make choices in all areas of their lives.
- Encourage use of public resources and recreational facilities; provide community integration opportunities.
- Help to establish and keep community relationships and friendships.
- Assist individuals with daily routines including, but not limited to, household tasks, cooking and eating, individual self-care, socializing, use of leisure time, health and safety, money management and behavior management.
- Develop and demonstrate outcome-based therapeutic working relationships with individuals, staff, families and friends, management, and other agency personnel.
- Keep supervisor and other staff informed of individual progress and issues, and company or individual incidents.
- Maintain individual confidentiality.
- Participate as a company and individual team member, offering suggestions and concerns about company and individual issues to immediate supervisor.
- Immediately report any missed deadline, household or program need, non-performance of duties, missing money, or illegal activity to supervisor.
- Immediately report all issues related to individual rights, safety, or maltreatment to the House Supervisor.
- Administer all scheduled medications; complete all required documentation.
- Implement and document changes in medication administration orders.
- Deliver first aid, CPR, and emergency medical services; during medical incidents or illnesses.
- Deliver all physician or nurse treatment orders.
- Make, provide transportation to, and attend medical, dental, specialist, psychiatric, and psychological appointments.
- Consult with medical providers and document results; convey important information about incidents, accidents, and illnesses the House Supervisor.
- Document all services and events.
- Handle and safeguard individual funds according to policy and procedures.
- Document and turn in receipts for all individual fund disbursements.
- Handle and safeguard Genesis Group Homes’ funds according to policy and procedures.
- Document and turn in receipts for all company fund disbursements.
- Maintain employment standards and represent Genesis Group Homes in a positive, outcome-oriented, and professional manner.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Complete all required orientations and trainings; assist with orientation of new staff.
- Complete all assigned curriculum within allotted timeframes.
- Demonstrate proficiencies of training and pass minimum work performance standards.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Lift persons or implement required therapeutic interventions, if required.
- Read, write, and speak English sufficiently to perform the duties.
- Meet the licensing, contractual, and other mandated requirements of the state and county.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, access to an insured vehicle, and a clean driving record.
- Make independent decisions when circumstances warrant; demonstrate initiative, creative problem-solving, and adaptability.
- Develop and maintain professional, therapeutic relationships with individuals, families, and agency personnel.
- Demonstrate positive demeanor.
- Follow daily routines while allowing for individual decision-making and flexibility.
- Operate a computer, calculator, household appliances, fire systems and other necessary equipment.
- Work in a variety of settings.
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Demonstrated desire, skills, and abilities to deliver all licensed and contracted services
- Qualification standards as found in 245D and Background Studies of Individuals Affiliated with Program Licensed by DHS.
- One (1) year of experience delivering services to persons with disabilities.
Genesis Group Homes offers a competitive salary and a full list of benefits, including PTO, paid holidays, health, dental, life insurance, and disability insurance. Paid training is conducted in our Brooklyn Park office and lead by Genesis employees.
You will work in an environment that makes you feel proud of what you do and work with others who have a strong desire to support individuals with disabilities. Genesis Group Homes focuses on person-centered planning to provide the best care to our individuals.
Genesis provides many growth opportunities for those looking to advance their career and places value on internal promotion!
This position reports to the Designated Coordinator. The position is classified as non-exempt.
Genesis Group Homes is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.